Wednesday, December 26, 2007

outside the snow is falling and friends are calling woo hooo

after a swell seven day trek to minnesota, we are home. we woke up early this morning in order to make it through the snowy motherland in time for mike to talk with some airplanes. here are some highlights and lowlights of the trip:

+ seeing our santa lucia...she has developed so much personality in the three months since we've seen her!

+ our triumphant return to Morris after nearly a year's absence

+ sledding, albeit on an icy hill rather than a fluffy wonderland

+ seeing rocky, karkar, 3 of 5 parents and 3 of 5 grandparents

+ eating delicious meals and Christmas treats

- eating too much of the delicious meals and Christmas treats

+ the addition of a sheep dog and 2 new miniature horses to the live nativity on Christmas Eve

+ Lefse!

- the strawberry rhubarb wine my mom received from a customer. i did not have high expectations and was still surprised by my inability to imbibe it.

+ a new cut and color courtesy of londa kay

on a separate note, has anyone seen the infomercial for mighty putty? i want it! my birthday is coming up in february if anyone is stumped on a gift for me...

cheers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for that wonder putty, too...or is it super? Anyway...it's awesome. Can it really replace the link of a chain?!? Also, I'd like those little hooks that you jam into your wall and they can hold like 250lbs. Anything Billy Mays puts his name on has to be good. Come on...who doesn't love Oxy Clean?

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking I'll buy both the Hurcules Hooks and the Mighty Putty, and since they both come with two times the product for the same low price, I'll split them with you and Al. Happy Birthday to you both.

I'll be back in IL late in the evening of the 2nd. I'm hoping we can have some fun before our winter break is over. SD is great, in that my sister and kids are here, but sucks in that it also gave me the flu. Gross.

Happy New Year! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about the multi-blade shredder scissors! That is on my list for next Christmas!
Rita (aka - one of the Nodlands from ND)

Jum said...

Oh no, Mighty Putty? C'mon Chels! I just saw that infomercial for the first time this last weekend, and then I saw it about 9 more times. I'm pretty sure that guy used Mighty Putty to glue that beard to his face. Gross.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas! Loved your Christmas card too! Your picture is hanging the fridge!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm very sore now! Could be better, but I'll be okay!

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Slow Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Easily Search High Quality Movies, Console Games, MP3 Albums, Applications & Download Them @ Maxed Out Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]