Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fill it up again!

I am pretty bored at work right now. It's summer and it's slow and my boss is out of the office.

After exhausting facebook, creating a new budget and stalking all of my usual blogs, I have compiled a list of songs I will never be sick of hearing.

In effect, these are my 'desert island' songs that could be played on repeat to more enjoyment each time. This is in now way a comprehensive list - just what I could think of this morning whilst listening to Cities 97.

I invite you to add or subtract to my list as you see fit. Here they are, in no particular order (except the first song is there for a reason - probably my favorite song of all time):

1. Into the Mystic - Van Morrison
2. In My Life - The Beatles
3. Nightswimming - REM
4. Plush - Acoustic - Stone Temple Pilots
5. You Were Mine - Dixie Chicks
6. Sitting on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
7. Murder in the City - Avett Brothers
8. Fire and Ice - Garth Brooks (apparently Garth does not enjoy to have his songs on youtube, so you can choose to watch the lost video or not, let's face it, Kos will watch).
9. The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
10. Change is Gonna Come - Gavin Degraw version
11. This Year's Love - David Gray

8 comments:

kos said...

I'm pretty sure the only song I knew on there was Plush, but the original is far superior to the acoustic version. I tried really really hard and couldn't find that video and by really really hard I mean I didn't even try.

c. said...

I figured these songs wouldn't be your cup of tea. Little surprised you didn't watch the lost video, but eh.

Also: acoustic is far superior, everyone knows this.

kos said...

Yeah if your a lady it is.

c. said...

well would you look at that: turns out I AM a lady :)

Jum said...

I did enjoy a couple of those songs after downloading them (how have I never heard 'Nightswimming' before? But I must disagree with your choice of 'Murder in the City.' So many better Avett Bros. songs, in my humble opinion.

I'm also sorry I missed the drink naming competition.

c. said...

J - agreed, the Avett Brother's songbook is vast and excellent. That song just struck a cord with me what with being so far away from family for a period of time and all. I quite enjoy their entire songbook, yet didn't feel it right to include more than one song. It just so happened 'murder in the city' was fresh in my mind when making this list. I would be very interested to hear what A.B. song you would choose instead.

Also: I am still taking entries in the drink-naming competition.

katieez said...

I am surprised to see 'Nightswimming' in your tops. An oldie but a goody that I recently discovered and have been obsessing over is "Sweet Jane" by The Velvet Underground. I am not sure if you are into that kinda thing, but I advise that you check it.

c. said...

Excellent recommend, kate! I dig it.