Monday, May 24, 2010

Coin it!

So, here's your chance to be creative! Sometime over the winter at a fantastic Irish Pub, Heather, Katie, Alfonso and I were introduced to the wonders of Jameson combined with Ginger Ale and a twist of lime.

It seems the phenomenon is spreading, because last night, our buddy Ryan was talking about how it is his favorite new drink.

However, 'Jameson and Ginger' just doesn't seem like a worthy enough name for this tasty libation.

Your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is to come up with the most creative and/or best name for this cocktail. The winner (chosen by me) gets a bottle of Jameson to be delivered the next time the winner comes to my house.

GO!

11 comments:

H said...

What if we just called it a "Jimmy"? Short and to the point.

Anonymous said...

Gay?



Alfonso

c. said...

I totally regret that I named dropped you in this post, j.lay.

you are on friendship suspension.

c. said...

and H, I like a 'Jimmy.' Definitely in the running.

Anonymous said...

Just trying to beat Kos the punch! I love you.



Alfonso

H said...

The Jimmy is the official drink of The Hummingbirds. In addition to your friendship suspension, you are know officially on Hummingbird Probation. Get it together, J.Lay.

kos said...

Haha... nice Alfonso. I actually think it sounds pretty good a nice little summer treat if you will. I think it should be called a Jinger. Jinger me!

c. said...

So far there is no clear winner. I still have not abandoned my original idea of the "Blarney Stone," despite H's veto.

Also: if I'm being real honest, I'm a little disappointed that Jum hasn't weighed in - I totally thought a contest such as this would be up his alley.

c. said...

AND: J.Lay what plan have you devised to get off of your Hummingbird/Friendship suspension?

Anonymous said...

I have no plan for that. BUT, I do have a name for the drink. "Redheaded Stepchild". Ginger is another word for redhead. A lot of Irish people have red hair. Jameson is an Irish whiskey. It would probably be just "Redhead" for short. I'm a genius. Maybe you all could come out for a Cougars game. I will buy everybody a drink at the game. How's that for penance?




Alfonso

c. said...

I fear the "Redheaded stepchild" will be confused with a "Redheaded Slut." But I like where your head is at.

I accept your penance. Please inform me of viable dates for said cougar's game.