Thursday, April 8, 2010

I imagine it's time for me to make my obligatory one-post-a-month for April. Big props for anyone who actually reads it in April, as I know checking my blog on any kind of a regular basis must be a frustrating ordeal. Today is abnormally slow at work. My boss is out for the afternoon and I didn't start until 12 - so I have no assignments from her, which I rely on to keep me busy before I start supervising student workers in the evening. I am generally in a sour mood today - not really sure why, but here are some potential reasons:
  • It's only 40* today - boo, bring back the 70s!
  • I am out of coffee
  • I decided today that any cuteness I once had is officially gone. I need a tan now so I can start to feel a little bit better about my appearance
  • Coldplay is playing on cities 97 right now. ish.
And now to break my funk I will list things I have to be happy about:
  • Kos is coming out to the burbs this weekend - IF his sore throat clears up. If that does not happen, you can go ahead and mentally move this bullet up into the first set
  • We will hang with Kate and Alfonso at their new casa and enjoy the delicious cuisine of the Jalapeno Grill - HELLO tachos nachos!
  • The Twins are in town and Mike and I are attending the Sunday game
  • Schne recently sent me the entire Avett Brother's collection and I have been enjoying it immensely - thanks again, b.s.!
  • I discovered a really tasty new Riesling last night that is not too sweet!
There, I have one more happy than sour, so I can be done. Enjoy the rest of your April (or May, as the case may be).

c.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tachos Nachos! Word C. Word.



Alfonso

Anonymous said...

I feel like you have more things under the 'good' bullets as opposed to the bad bullets...therefore, things will start looking up. I imagine more positive things will happen when Coldplay is off the radio.

You should get rid of the 'not cute anymore' thought because it's not true at all! So you should put 'totally cute' in the good section.

Have fun with Kos, Katie, and Alfonso...and at the game!

c. said...

We have to move "kos coming out" into the bad bullets :(

but i am going to Olive Garden for lunch, so that is one more for the good bullets :)

Anonymous said...

The Olive Garden should count for 2 good bullets!

kos said...

Sorry you had to move it to the bad bullets section. I will make up for it sometime in the future.

c. said...

I'll forgive you...this time ;)