Wednesday, September 9, 2009

i'm not in kansas anymore...

but i was and it was fantastic! i now present to you an ode, in pictures: just kidding. the image uploader will not work, so i will just talk about my favorite things about kansas.

1. mi familia. delish. plus they give you free glasses that say "never just one margarita" if you put them in your purse.

2. ready, set, go to bed. a fine pillowcase with a fine man sleeping on it.

3. before kansas, I was living in a world of darkness, but jim and kos said, "right, let's get some light in here" and I fell in love with "it's always sunny in philly." ooooOOOOOhhhhooohhhh.

4. tailgating. it was a blasty blast. plus, i fit right in with my jayhawk teeshirt, thanks Al!

5. Finn. This is where the pictures really would have come in handy because this kid is cute. I mean really cute. I'll try again. nope, still broken. blast. you'll have to take my word for it, OR check out Skye's blog.

6. The fine watering holes in the greater Lawrence area. My favorite, the Red Lyon, but only because they had strongbow in the cans. I also enjoyed Louise's west for the fine patio set up. Though, who could forget Willie's (aka Raffy's) that comes complete with jukebox and smelly ladies who don't want their picture taken? next trip: shark attacks.

for more on the fun, check out Jim's blog where there should be a recap coming sometime within the next two weeks. ahhhh just kidding jim. (bergman, if you read this, which i don't think you do, lay off, just jokes.)

and now i must mentally prepare for my big kid's job, which starts next tuesday. i'll miss you, drinking coffee and slacking off...

5 comments:

kos said...

Thanks for calling me a fine man, not sure that's accurate but I'll take it. You were a great traveling buddy.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done Chelsey! I'm sure you will love your big kid's job...can I get a tour next time I'm in Chicago-land?

The lady at Willies, smelled awful! It was like sitting inside a boy's gym bag with all the sweaty t-shirts and towels (gross).

"Do you provide tailors or will I be left to my own devices?"

Rachel Mattson said...

coffee is allowed at big kid jobs.

Rachel Mattson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skye said...

Finn says "THANKS!!" for the shout out. He had a blast meeting you & Kos, and his parents had a wonderful time hanging with you as well :) That ironman thing is amazing.... big congrats to your hubby! Hope you are enjoying your new job.