Monday, February 9, 2009

the freakin weekend

Here's what happened over the weekend:


Friday:


Katie, Jason and I went to buy "supplies" (read: liquor and beers) for the big joint birthday party on Saturday. A mass amount was purchased and we were exhausted from all our exuberant frolicking and decided to decompress with dinner at my new favorite restaurant: Quigley (Down Under) Irish pub. It was everything you want in a restaurant: good atmosphere, great food, cider on tap and waitresses dressed in plaid skirts (I like my wait staff suited up). I will return to this eatery soon, perhaps on Thursday...


Saturday:


The day of the big party. I cleaned for the majority of the day and was quite pleased with my progress. I decided not to super wash my floors because of the heavy foot traffic, and as it turned out, great decision. The tonic waters loved to explode when opened and there was more than one spilled drink. Highlights as remembered include: the return of Jason's awesome Pico as well as a smorgasbord of frozen foods and strawberry shortcake, a late night oldies sing and dance off, watching in amazement as Jason polished off a bottle of Tanqueray largely on his own accord, Katie and my utter failure in our attempt to recreate the Blue Moose's legendary spinach dip -- we blame faulty instruction, and the first time in who knows how long that I stayed up til 4 a.m. A good time was had indeed.


Sunday:

Couch day 10,000. So sleepy. Subway, cleaning, cuddling with Sven, who also made it to 4 a.m. Saturday night. Grammy's. Bed. Boring.

And now for the Birthday Girls!

1 comment:

kos said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time.