Thursday, January 31, 2008

you would've thought by now, that i've learned something...

Oh the weather outside is blustery
and the studying inside isn't happening
and since i've no place to go
i'll write a blog, watch friends, drink diet coke.

now that is supposed to be to the tune of "let it snow" but i'm not so hot with the rhyming and/or symbolism.

my terrible procrastination continues. i have a test tomorrow. i have not studied. i have not read. i'm almost 25 and wondering when i'm going to get more on the ball...eh. i'll tell you what i've been thinking about lately:

my boy, barack is doing well. I'm hopeful he'll get the nod from the dems. i do wish he'd quit e-mailing me and asking me to donate more money. serves me right i guess. I wouldn't be upset if Hillary got the nod, but I feel that Barack could do more with bringing the country together. In light of the huge disaster which is our President, I am very confident that there is no way a republican can with this time around. sorry nate, if in fact you read this, which i don't think you do...

The Twins have disappointed me with this off season trades. I certainly wish we could have gotten a better deal for Santana. Here's hoping the Twins farm leagues can cultivate those fellas into productive players. I know Jim will call me naive or a wishful thinker or what did you call us Twins fans, Jimmy? oh that's right, that we lack common sense, but I wish the nature of professional sports would change and there would be more loyalty to teams, like the twins, who do not have the kind of funds that the yankees or sox organizations have. chalk it up to my idealist nature and my purist, sportsmanship oriented father.

In other news, Mike's truck got some major rehab this week. Apparently if you own a truck for over ten years and basically only change its oil and perform rudimentary maintenance, you're due to replace clutches and slave cylinders and the like from time to time. Mike has assured me that he wants to drive this truck "forever" so I feel pretty good about sinking some cash into the green beast.

And now I must study for tomorrow's test.

cheers!

p.s. just a helpful reminder: there are only 11 shopping days left until my birthday.

5 comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

Sad for us Twins fans to move Santana for what was probably the 4th best offer on the table. Carl Pohlad is the richest owner in baseball and we move the best players in baseball like it's our job.

Oh yeah, Obama & Hilary in '08. Go to this link for good fun:

http://youtube.com/watchv=wKsoXHYICqU

Anonymous said...

Sam also just sunk $$$$ into his truck - and while I don't foresee him driving it forever, I do feel good about him sinking the cash into it because he had all but lost his muffler and, with the truck rumble that results when mufflers blow, we had become the trash of the neighborhood.

Did you watch the debate tonight? I think that would have at least partially justified the lack of studying. I shall be casting my primary vote this Super Tuesday for Mr. Obama, but shan't be too sad should Hillary get the Democratic nod.

Good luck on your test. I'm anticipating a snow day. Number of Fridays in the past month I haven't had to work due to cold/bad weather or bus vandals (if tomorrow is included) = 4. Start sending those resumes out to schools, c.

Jum said...

Haha using my own quote against me. Touche, Chels. I was just being stereotypical. I don't think any of my friends fall under that broad generalization of Twins fans. Welllll maybe a couple.

c. said...

deuce, i couldn't get the link to work...boo. do you think they could run successfully on the same ticket? i think they are maybe both a bit too headstrong...

h, sorry to hear about your truck repairs, but glad to hear you are not refashioning your house into a trailer. I did not watch the debate, mostly because I didn't know it was on. Instead I watched Celebrity Apprentice, which I now regret. Snow Day today?

Jim, touche, three-che, NICK LACHEY. (and i hope i'm not included in your generalization, but fear i am)

come to chicago?

Blogger Tyler said...

I think they'd probably tear each other apart if they were on the same ticket but I'll take one or the other. Gotta love ol' Bill as the first First Man in the White House! :)