Friday, November 16, 2007

9:59

I have had a blustery day and it's only 10 a.m.

It began with a quick stop at the dunken doghnuts to pick up some treats for my 8 o'clock. There a man decided I looked h.o.t. in my bandanna and short short pigtails and asked for my number. He worked at Stanly Steamer. A+ start of the day.

My review Jepordy team came from behind to win! A++

I then had to go to the gyno for a "six month checkup." read: give me more money or in my case, give me more birth control (no babies no babies). On the phone the nurse explained they would ask me some questions and do a routine breast exam. However, when I arrived at the office they informed me I needed to have a pelvic exam. Now for any boys who may be slightly uncomfortable now, I apologize, but I would like to take this time to inform you of the uncomfort this causes a woman. A shifty eyed doctor who will not look you squarly in the face is then digging about in your undercarriage, pass. Additionally, a bi-yearly exam is completely uncessesary, and let me tell you, my assertive side came out and those nurses and doctor heard about it. I was a borderline bitch, but I feel justified in my bitchiness.

That said, now it is time for a run.

cheers!

4 comments:

Jum said...

That post made me feel very uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

I don't know Jim but I echo his sentiment.

c. said...

i'm sorry you were made uncomfortable. i was really fired up after that appointment. given more time, this blog would not exisit.

welcome to the blog gruss!

Anonymous said...

Ditto the level of discomfort. Congrats that you talked your way out of it - most people would have just laid back and taken it. That thought will likely make readers uncomfortable as well, but in the spirit of this post - I put it out there.