Thursday, November 4, 2010

So I'm bad at blogging...

What of it? The month of October had no blogs from me, whoops! The last couple of months have probably been the most stressful of my life, but I'd rather not discuss that. Instead let's talk about things that don't really matter.

1. The flatbread at Subway is terrible. I'm struggling getting through my turkey 'sub.' This makes me very sad. I have wanted to try the flatbread for a long time, but have always loved the regular bread at Subway so much, and therefore was unwilling to go out on a limb. Turns out staying close to the trunk was the way to go! Never again. Whole wheat, you will be mine once more.

2. It has been brought to my attention recently (and for many years from my friend H) that pigtails are not acceptable past a certain age. According to some, I've passed that age a decade or more ago. Yet, as you all know, I am a fan of adult woman pigtails. Now that my hair is past shoulder length, I have not enjoyed the pigtails as much as I do when my hair is on the shorter side, yet have not banished them as a rule. So my question for you is this: Can I still wear pigtails at 27 and why or why not? (H, I'm confident on where you stand on this, but go ahead and weigh in anyway, I'll enjoy your witty reply I'm sure).

3. I love Ryan Bingham. While out in California this past weekend, Dustin 'Balls' Steigauf was kind enough to share his entire collection with me and I have been enthralled. You may remember him for writing the Oscar-winning theme song to the superb movie "Crazy Heart." If you enjoyed that little ditty, you might also consider listening to this off the Mescalito soundtrack.

4. The wineries in Temecula, California are beyond wonderful. I want to live in one. Just set me up a tent in the vineyard and I would be a happy lass. (On a side note, the suggested spellings for Temecula include peculate, molecular, testicular and temerity, the 4th of which I am unfamiliar).

5. I just finished my flatbread sandwich and am thankful I purchased a diet coke with which to eradicate the aftertaste. Sorry to bring it up again, it just really is that awful.

Okay, have to go to work now. I look forward to your thoughts on adult pigtails or any other thoughts you would like to share with me.

cheers!

13 comments:

Jum said...

Adult pigtails: H-O-T, hot hot hot! I'm a big fan. Then again I always get made fun of for having pedo-bear tendencies (Selena Gomez, Hilary Duff, etc. etc.) so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

H said...

Yes, you certainly can wear them, if that's what you want. Should you? NO. Why? Because you'll look like a fool and creepy pedo guys will ogle you.

That being said - do what makes you happy C.

Anonymous said...

Deer, I think you look cute with pigtails. Ignore the creepy pedo guys comment H wrote.

Mike

Anonymous said...

I second what Jum said. Verbatim.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I like the new layout. Festive.

c. said...

I think H was referencing Jim's complimentary, but borderline creepy comment about being a pedo-bear. But I'm glad you like them.

You're fast losing this battle, H. But as I predicted, I got a chuckle from your comments.

Glad you like the new look, 10. Thought it was time to mix it up.

H said...

Your choice, C : style advice from Mike or me.

c. said...

touche, h.

Alfonso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alfonso said...

I agree with Jum. Although Katie has just informed me that people refer to them as "handlebars" which I'm sure you don't like but Jum and I are fine with.

Anonymous said...

As previously stated by Chey, I don't mind the look of short hair pigtails. Short hair pigtails look like you aren't able to have a ponytail = completely acceptable. Long hair pigtails = whorey. Unless skiing, then all rules off.

katieez

c. said...

Skates, what if I have long hair and wear messy bun pigtails? Are they whorey? I would very much not like to be whorey - though that does seem to be why all the men like the pigtails...hmmmm

Anonymous said...

I'm for the adult pigtails and you always look cute with your short hair tiny pigtails.