Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble Gobble?

We flew into North Dakota this year for Thanksgiving which usually means three things: 1. Our return flight will be canceled (check!) 2. My tolerance will be elevated from a 5 day bender (check!) and 3. My father-in-law will indirectly call me a communist (check!).

As we were supposed to fly out this morning, no plans were made for the traditional turkey/stuffing/green beans almandine Thanksgiving dinner. In lieu, we will be dining on reminant crab legs and my signature dish, enchilladas. I think if they Pilgrims and Native Americans had it to do over, they problably would have chosen that flavor combination too.

Happy Holidays everybody.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Rita said...

I wish you could have come to Bismarck to visit us. 1) We had meatloaf today. 2) You could have helped us shovel the snow off the driveways and 3) I would never call you a communist, and would have share my e-mail thank you from Barack with you.
Miss you - hope to see you next year and safe travels back home!

c. said...

Thanks, Rita. I would have enjoyed the meatloaf, shoveling and non-name calling. I too, got a Happy Thanksgiving e-mail from our fair president. How nice of him to think of us ;) Hope you had a great holiday!

kos said...

I've never had your enchiladas before, but I would like to try them. glad you guys finally made it back.