Tuesday, July 14, 2009

top ten things i love right now (in no particular order)

The following is a list of things I am really loving right now. I find it's fun to make these kinds of lists as a sort of mini-time capsule of this time in my life. Perhaps you will find it fun too.

I love:
  1. The Capuccino Icers at the Village Grind. They are perfect for a hot summer's day and a walk with...
  2. Sven. Who wouldn't love this little puppy? He is cuddly and does the funniest little butt scoot when he gets excited (note: this is not the same thing as a dog scooting it's butt across the floor, which is gross, this is more a tucked in butt run and it is grande.)
  3. enjoying a ice cold beverage in my UND tumbler on our new patio furniture.
  4. the sound of Mike playing Pac Man in the background. I love it when he eats the ghosts. (aside: why was the companion game called Ms. Pac Man? Why not Pac Lady?)
  5. Danger Cocktails. Mike and I discovered these during our Wine Tasting tour of Michigan. They are a delicious blend of Michigan Cranberry Wine and Michigan Vodka. When the boys played with their wizzard sticks on the 4th of July, we ladies classed it up with the Danger Cocktails.
  6. Burn Notice. Lyle C. has been trying to get me to watch it for 2 years. I have finally listened to him and am happier for it. It is much like the Bourne Identity movies, only with pithy dialogue.
  7. Between 2 Ferns. Google it.
  8. Minnesota Twins Baseball (this is not new, but still worth noting, I think).
  9. Talking to Lucia on the phone. She really loves to sing songs and say hi to Muncle Mikey.
  10. The Proposal starring Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock. a. I love both of these actors and b. it was much better than I was anticipating, which is always a welcome surprise. It is a good date movie, but still a rom com, so boys, take a woman as a cover (wink).

8 comments:

kos said...

I played between two ferns for a couple of guys at work. And yes I laughed so hard I cried once again.

c. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
c. said...

tears through laughter is my favorite emotion.

Anonymous said...

All good things to love! You're always classing things up; Katie and I are lucky you let us join you in the classyness.

h said...

I may be out of line here - but I think your #11 could be breakfast for dinner/IHOP pancakes with Janet, Maddie, and Heather.

Jum said...

I thought the Wizard Sticks were plenty classy. No?

c. said...

H - not out of line at all, that is officially my #11.

Jim - I was not meaning to de-class your wizzard sticks. All I'm saying is that Al, Kate and I have many leather bound books and our apartments smell of rich mahogany.

Jum said...

Merlin Olsen and I friends, we hang out on occasion....that's stupid.