Friday, June 17, 2011

Weekend plan: Don't Die

First (and hopefully last) marathon ever this weekend. We depart later this morning for beautiful Duluth, MN and the 35th running of Grandma's marathon. I am in no way ready for this race. My last substantial run was 6 weeks ago before my right leg decided it hated me and all exercise. At any rate, I have some irrational need to run a marathon and I'd prefer not to train for one again and thus, bring on the pain and agony. Old plan for the marathon: Enjoy the race, run the majority, try to run it in a reasonable time. New plan for the marathon: Don't die.

If you remember, think a happy thought for me on Saturday morning.

Cheers!

4 comments:

kos said...

Good luck Chels!

c. said...

Thanks, Matty.

Ami said...

Good luck, C! Don't die!

Jill said...

Hello there