Friday, September 3, 2010

What do you like more, Christmas or Wedding Season?

I have to be honest, I'm really really jazzed for this weekend. Not maybe so much for the 8 hour solo drive across IL,WI, and Minnesota, but for the part where I get to spend the whole weekend with my most dear friend Rachel Lee Mattson and most definately for the part where I will stand up and witness the uniting of said Rachel Lee to Jonas Andrew Capistrant, a fine, strapping nordic man.

To be fair, I always love a wedding. I love the getting ready, the ceremony, the reading of Paul's first letter to the people of Corinth, the ample amount of people willing to pose for my pictures, the dancing and general feeling of joy from the collective wedding guests. However, weddings are even more special and enjoyable when one of the two folks entering marital bliss happens to be a friend who has occupied 'sister status' and I simply can not wait to celebrate with my very tall, very pretty, friend Rachel Lee Mattson III.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a tough question. Both have the morning after feeling (you know, there was a lot of hype and excitment, the day/night was great but now it's over and it's kind of sad) but I think that I enjoy wedding season more. Don't get me wrong, I love Jesus but there is just something about a wedding that's amazing and the meaning isn't lost on presents (usually). Plus wedding season typically takes place during a warmer season, awesome! 1 vote wedding season.

Have fun at the wedding congrats to the bride and groom!

Anonymous said...

I vote for wedding season.
Especially July 1.

Mikey

kos said...

I love wedding season! There is usually free booze and good looking ladies, which are two of the greatest things on earth.

Jum said...

Definitely wedding season! Grab that net and catch that beautiful butterfly!

c. said...

wedding season - 4
Jesus - 0

Sorry, J.C.

Anonymous said...

Wifey and I have been invited to something like 9 weddings since summer. Free food, free champagne, a reason to wear a tie, and dancing like an idiot with no repercussions. Wedding season, you win.

P.S. In case you didn't notice, I'm back on the blogging scene. Come back, read my stuff, and leave me comments that basically show you were reading my mind ... just like you used to.